To keep up with the changes in the business environment and to more accurately reflect the widening scope of services offered, in 1984, Cass Transportation Services incorporated as Cass Information Systems (CIS). By 1993, CIS had grown out of its downtown St Louis offices and built a new building at 13001 Hollenberg Drive, Bridgeton, Missouri.
In 1988, Cass Bank opened a branch facility in the Westport area of St. Louis County, a prime location for serving many of our business customers.
After 84 years in the City of St. Louis, Cass Bank headquarters moved west to St. Louis County in 1990. In 1997, Cass consolidated by expanding the facility at 13001 Hollenberg Drive to accommodate Cass Bank.
Cass continues to maintain a branch presence in north St. Louis just south of the original bank at 1420 N. 13th Street, thus sustaining our 100-year tenure in the City of St. Louis.
In 1998, Cass Bank & Trust Company formally changed its name to Cass Commercial Bank, reflecting its on-going commitment to businesses in the St. Louis area. At the same time, a church division was started with personnel and resources dedicated to serving the banking needs of churches and ministries nationwide.
In November 2004, Cass purchased Franklin Bank of California, located in Orange County. Franklin Bank was a small single-branch bank operating near Anaheim, California. Immediately upon completing the acquisition, Franklin Bank was fully merged and integrated into Cass Commercial Bank.